The Student Success Center provides:
- One-on-one assistance for all students… all classes… all majors, including Liberal Arts and Foundations
- All services free of charge
- Personalized help working with Success Center staff – director, assistant director, and peer tutors (Junior and Senior experts in majors)
- Computer lab with PCs and Macs loaded with software – Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Alias, Dreamweaver and more
- Writing support for all types of materials from research papers, short stories and essays to artist statements, reviews and resumes. dafabet888 English faculty is also available at lunchtime throughout the semester in the Writing Studio.
- Advocacy and assistance for students with learning challenges
- Individualized skill building, including time management, reading comprehension, study skills, note taking and test taking
- Walk-in service during Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; some later hours during the semester (appointments are encouraged!)
- International Students’ conversation groups and tutorials
- Lunch time workshops on various topics
The Student Success Center's most popular service is the one-on-one tutorial. Tutorials are conducted by peer tutors and Student Success Center staff. Peer tutors are upper-level students who have mastered strategies necessary for success at dafabet888 and are eager to share their knowledge.
Many students find writing assistance particularly helpful for classes that require research papers, artist statements or essays. During these interactive sessions, students can brainstorm topic ideas, revise drafts and sharpen mechanics and grammar.
In addition, students with learning challenges may bring documentation to the Student Success Center. Working with the student, accommodations will be determined and notification will be sent to faculty. The director will assist throughout the semester with any related concern.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Student Success Center
Kresge-Ford Building, C-404